Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Powerful Message From Amala. WAPO Admits Transgression. Can You Be Inoculated From Hypocrisy? Goat Poop! Keane Reacts. Join FAIR..









Leaving for camping trip in State Park in Jacksonville with Dagny, Blake, Brian and Abby

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a powerful message from a beautiful young lady who threatens the message  racist liberals and Democrats seek to perpetuate:

Stories of Us: Amala Ekpunobi | PragerU


+++++++++++++++++

Just as WAPO revealed they were wrong to accuse Trump intimidated Georgia's Sec. of State in a phone call, years from now it will be revealed the 2020 election was fraught with fraud.  It just is not a good time to come clean because, God forbid, it will make Democrats look bad and untrustworthy:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/03/the_sovereign_crime_of_industrial_scale_vote_fraud.html

++++++++++++++++++++++ 

Can you be inoculated from hypocrisy?

https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/15/democrats-want-vaccine-passports-required-to-attend-concerts-but-no-ids-required-to-vote/

And

++++++++++++++++++++

This was sent to me by one of my dearest friends, a fellow memo reader and a highly respected graduate of one of our Military Academy's. He did so in reply to the video I sent of Leno interviewing Americans on the street and which I posted in a previous memo:

GOAT POOP

Reflections From the Last Section

 

            A few years back, when the editor of Assembly asked me if I would be willing to write this column, I  confess I was surprised and more than a bit mystified, especially when he indicated he wanted it to be a humorous column.  I’m not a very funny guy, and my life bears much more resemblance to a Greek tragedy than a sitcom.  Since I have to draw upon my own experiences in order to write, I wasn’t at all sure that I could satisfy his needs.  Never-the-less, it was a challenge, and I like challenges, so I took up the gauntlet and blundered into the abyss.  Since then I have done my best to carve what humor I could out of my daily observations and experiences, and package that in a way that will at least make a few folks smile.

            I’m not sure if that’s going to work this time or not, because what I’m going to pass on to you in this rendition of Freed’s Foibles just might be so disturbing and frightening to you that you will fail to see any humor in it at all. And that would be understandable.  I, on the other hand, have learned to laugh, because that’s the only way I can keep my sanity these days.  You see, I’m  a public high school teacher now, and what we’re going to explore today is geography and history and civics, as viewed by today’s youth. Lean back, pop the top on a long neck - or maybe even something stronger to get you through the rough parts, and come along for the ride. It’ll take you places you have never been before, I promise you, and you can decide whether or not there’s any humor in this story.

            Six years ago, when the Army decided the size and contents of my stomach were far more important than the size and contents of my brain, I retired from active duty.  At the time I made this decision, I had not a clue what I wanted to do in the afterlife.  Well, that’s not really true.  I knew what I wanted to do, but the reality of three young sons at home who had to be clothed, fed, housed and possibly even educated clashed with the idea of traveling the world, fly fishing all the great trout waters on the planet.  That, and the fact that my wife had already made a list of what I would do with the rest of my life - one does not screw with my wife’s lists - kind of put things in focus for me.  Shortly after I’d told my wife I was retiring, she asked me what I had in mind for a job. “Well, gee, my little kumquat, I don’t know just yet.  I’m working on it,” I replied.  At this point she offered some input. It went something like this: “We are not going to move from here.  There is a job opening for a Junior ROTC instructor at one of the local high schools. Apply for it tomorrow. Any questions?”

            Well, being a high school JROTC instructor was about as high on my list of things to do as getting a root canal on a live tooth without benefit of booze or anesthesia, but I had learned the hard way many, many years ago not to question my wife’s decisions, even when those decisions were about me.  And, to be honest, the more I investigated the idea, the more it intrigued me.  For one thing, I really like to teach, and it just so happened that at the time, I was an Instructor and Seminar Chairman at the Armed Forces Staff College in Norfolk.  Teaching high school JROTC would let me continue doing something I really liked.  Also, the pay wasn’t too bad - it certainly wasn’t anything I was going to get rich on, but then, I had been  working under that pay scale all my life.  And finally,  and very importantly, the hours weren’t bad.  What the hell, I decided, why not?  How bad can it be?  

            Indeed!  Well, I got the job, and then I got the answer to that last question.  But first, since I suspect many of you may not know just what exactly Junior ROTC is all  about, let me fill you in.  It is NOT a pre-commissioning course, nor is it a tune up for basic training.  It is also not - at least it’s not supposed to be - all about boogie drill and break dancing. What it is all about is self-discipline, teamwork, leadership and citizenship.  The curriculum, which does include the obvious things you’d expect to find in an ROTC course - drill, map reading, leadership and marksmanship (yes, we do teach the little buggers how to shoot straight. That ought to keep you up at night.), also includes such esoteric things as American History, the Constitution, Ethics and Morals and  Communications - both oral and written.  It’s open for kids in 9th through 12th grades, boys and girls.  It’s supposed to turn kids into “better Americans.”  Well, I thought, that’s certainly a noble idea; I ought to be able to do that with ease.

            To say that my first year was an eye-opening experience would be the understatement of all time.  For openers, you must understand that it was the first time I had been in a high school since the day I graduated from one, back when kids were expected to know how to read and write in order to achieve that milestone. Things had changed. Kids had changed.  Values had changed - a lot.  You would think that I would have known what to expect, since I had three kids of my own - but they weren’t in high school yet, so I was really caught off guard.  Compound that by the fact that I came straight from a teaching assignment where I was dealing with highly motivated, professional adults who were actually interested in what they were doing, to an environment where the  most important thing in life was who could wear their trousers the lowest without them falling off, and you have a powerful elixir for culture shock.

            My first real shock came during the first week of school.  I was talking to the kids -  in this case a class of 9th graders - about the uniforms I would be issuing them the following week. Suddenly a little girl - 14 years old - popped off with the question “can I get a uniform if I’m pregnant?” 

            I’m proud of myself. I didn’t choke, I didn’t stammer or scream, I didn’t even laugh. I just suggested that if that was the case, she should perhaps take another course. Well, as it turned out, she was indeed pregnant, with her 2d child, and nobody that I ran into - kids or faculty -  thought that was particularly unusual. Yep, things had changed.

            It didn’t take me long to discover that, despite the fact these kids were in high school, they didn’t know very much, especially about the world they lived in.  So, I came up with a bright idea: I started a “Country of the Week” program.  Every couple of weeks, on Monday, I would write on the chalkboard the name of a country that was currently in the news. The kids (I still hesitate to refer to them as students, as there is a positive connotation to that word most of them have yet to demonstrate) had one week to write me a two-page essay about that particular country. They were to answer such questions as where is it, what language(s) are spoken, why is it in the news, and fill in a few details about the government and culture. 

            I was really surprised when  more than half the kids steadfastly refused to do the assignments, despite the fact that there was a hefty grade attached to them. After six years, I’m still lucky if 50% of a class ever turns a paper in.  But my real problems began when I started grading their papers.  Being a semi-literate geography and history buff, I naturally started grading their masterpieces not only for content, but also for basic English grammar and spelling.  Big, big mistake.  None of them - not one - had a prayer of getting a passing grade. I don’t know what language these kids had been taught before they got to me, but it sure as hell didn’t resemble the English I was weaned on.  So, I just graded their papers for content - did they answer the mail - though I did correct all their grammar and spelling mistakes.  

            But then I took the problem one step farther, and this was when I really got a shock.  I made copies of the really bad papers - many of which had been turned in by juniors and seniors - and took them to the chairlady of the school English Department. I pointed out - very nicely, I might add - to her that it appeared that a number of my JROTC students were having trouble with English grammar, and perhaps a little remediation might be helpful.  This was not a spiteful gesture on my part, I can assure you. Indeed, I naively thought I had actually been hired to teach, and I considered this a part of that process.   Her reaction, on the other hand, was not at all what I expected.  Rather than being grateful for my interest, she was incensed. 

            “What do you think you’re doing?” she demanded.  “What do you army people know about teaching English?” 

            A lot of answers ran through my mind, but then I remembered that sage advice my daddy gave me when I was a little boy:  never argue with a fool, because if you do, a bystander can’t tell which is the fool.”  Needless to say, I’ve never felt compelled to bond with the members of the English Department on an intellectual level since then.

            Nor the Social Studies or History departments.  As a result of my “Country of the Week” program, and other geography lessons and projects I have included in my curriculum over the past six years, I have learned from my charges some incredible things about this country and world we live in.  I will share some of the better ones with you.  Believe it - these are all actual test question answers or report statements provided by my high school students.

·         There are 50 states in the country of Virginia.

·         The United States of America is in Asia, right next to Australia.

·         Mexico is a state.

·         So is Canada.  But Alaska and Hawaii aren’t.  Hawaii is actually one of the Japanese home islands.

·         Greece is one of the Caribbean islands,  right next to Cuba, which just happens to be off the coast of Italy.  Got all that?

·         Russia is a small country in the mid-east wedged in between Egypt and Brazil.

·         The Rocky Mountains are in Virginia.  Pikes Peak is in the state of Pike.

·         New Zealand is right next to Old Zealand, and they are both somewhere in Eastern Europe.

·         There are anywhere from 13 to 70 states, depending on who I ask.

·         The Panama Canal is in Egypt.  Panama, on the other hand, is right next to China.

·         New York, Ohio, and Minnesota are in the Northern Hemisphere. Virginia, Georgia, and Mississippi are in the Southern Hemisphere. The jury is still out on  California.

·         Saudi Arabia and the Persian Gulf are just off the coast of Florida.

             As fascinating as some of the geography I’ve learned from these kids is, the history is even better.  Some tidbits:

·         The Revolutionary War was fought about 30 years ago.  We were fighting against the Indians.

·         On the other hand, the Civil War was a couple hundred years ago, and we were fighting the British in that one.

·         The Declaration of Independence was written in 1945 by Abraham Lincoln.

·         World War II ended about a hundred years ago when we dropped an atomic bomb on Iraq.

·         Robert E. Lee was a president of the United States, but Ulysses S. Grant wasn’t. He was a famous wrestler. (I’m not making this up, folks)

·         The original 13 colonies belonged to France.  England went to war against France in World War I to free the colonies. 

·         The cotton gin was a great invention because it helped make liquor out of cotton.

·         George Washington was the King of England during the Revolutionary War.

Don’t even ask about the 4th of July.  In 6 years of teaching America’s teenage

sons and daughters, at an average of 115 kids a year, I have found a total of 22 who could tell me why we celebrate that holiday.

I could go on and on with these, but by now you’re either crying or laughing too hard to keep reading.  So I’ll finish with a comment about citizenship.  About halfway through my first year of teaching JROTC, I was teaching a class to a group of juniors and seniors, when, right in the middle of  my lecture, a girl blurted out “Colonel, what do we gots to know this shit for anyway!”  The “shit” she was referring to was the Bill of Rights. 

            Are you laughing yet?  Remember, this is the future of our country I’m telling you about.

            OK, my friends, that’s it for this time.  It’s mid summer, and the fish are biting.  My casting arm is starting to twitch. Until next time, stay in step, be nice to someone you don’t know, and BEAT NAVY.

                                                            …………….Freed Lowrey ‘67

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ General Keane reacts and lays it out in his usual straight forward style:

Gen. Keane Reacts To Biden Reportedly Reaching Out To North Korea


Meanwhile:


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 
Moving towards totalitarianism and a police state - c'mon man!

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
What's fair is FAIR. Sign up!

FAIR News

How One Mom Is Standing Up For Her Children

And Critical Race Theory in the News

March 17th, 2021

 

Meet the Mom Fighting To Stop Required CRT at Her Son's 

School  

Gabrielle Clark wants to do the right thing for her kids. Her son William is a senior at 

Democracy Prep, a public charter school in Las Vegas. In a mandatory class called Sociology 

for Change, William was asked to denounce his own racial, religious, and sexual identities. 

When he refused to label himself as an “oppressor,” William was punished with a failing grade. 

Gabrielle does not believe this is the right message for her children. “I would never teach my 

daughter, who is three-quarters black, your brothers are white and male, so they are always 

going to have more advantages than you. This girl just got recognized as one of the top three

inventors in her science fair. She’s more accomplished than all four of her brothers combined,”

says Clark. “The only limit she has is the limit she puts on herself and that’s it. This is 

America. I don’t understand how anyone would ever tell their children otherwise.”

Now, Gabrielle and her son have filed suit in the Federal District Court of Nevada, claiming 

the school violated William’s First Amendment rights by “repeatedly compelling his speech 

involving intimate matters of race, gender, sexuality and religion.” The suit argues that the 

school created a “psychologically abusive” and a “hostile educational environment.” Gabrielle 

is determined to defend her children's right to abstain from practicing an ideology they don't 

believe in. 

If you would like to learn more about Gabrielle’s case or contribute to her legal fees during 

this time, please visit this link.

https://www.fairforall.org/gabrielle
 

 

Critical Race Theory in the News

There have been several stories this past week, some penned by members of FAIR’s Board of 

Advisors, concerning the subject of CRT in American schools.  


 

FAIR Board of Advisors member Bari Weiss’ latest in City Journal details how parents, 

teachers, and students around the country are quietly questioning the new intolerant 

orthodoxy in elite schools. 

Read it here:
https://www.city-journal.org/the-miseducation-of-americas-elites
 

 

 


In the National Review, FAIR Board of Advisors member Samantha Harris laments the 

indoctrination of students with the CRT curriculum and the retribution that results from 

resisting it. 


Read it here:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/03/critical-race-theory-is-dangerous-heres-how-to-

fight-it/
 

 


In the Atlantic, Caitlin Flanagan exposes the hypocrisy of elite schools that “breed 

entitlement, entrench inequality--and then pretend to be engines of social change.”    


Read it here: 
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/04/private-schools-are-indefensible/

618078/
 

 

 

Wendy Kaminer's recent article in Tablet parses the complex legal questions surrounding the 

CRT classes and anti-racism trainings that have become widespread in the U.S. 

 

Read it here: 

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/wendy-kaminer-race-bias-training

 

Thank you for supporting FAIR’s mission to advance civil rights and liberties for all Americans,

 and to promote a common culture based on fairness, understanding and humanity. We would

 like to invite you to join us in one of our upcoming Zoom events to learn more about FAIR's 

vision and how you can get involved. 

Sign up here:

https://calendly.com/membership-fair/fair-onboarding-group-meeting

 

Sign the FAIR Pledge for a common culture of fairness, understanding and humanity

Join the FAIR message board to connect and share information with other members of the FAIR community


And:

Try this on for fairness:

If God is an entity then it is not PC to refer to "him" as a male in this day and age.

I am agnostic but do believe something, if not someone, created the universe so I believe in nature. Does that make me a Communist ?

Progressives want to rid the world of religion, worship, and places of worship but I am not a progressive but a conservative, politically speaking, so what or who am I in the eyes of others?

Why do I care? Because I do not believe we should live in a world where we are typed and certainly not by others.

Democrats and liberals have a problem with what I just wrote because, if they cannot type you, it makes it more difficult for them to destroy you by their desire for character assassination.

As I Noted above totalitarianism has begun  and, as it always does, it begins with book banning and burning that which offends and, of course, only Democrats get to determine what offends

Welcome to the progressive world and if you think COVID 19 is dangerous you haven't seen anything yet you Potato Head. Just watch where "equity" takes you.

+++++++++++++++







 

No comments: