Tuesday, April 13, 2021

ISI Liebler RIP

 As noted previously, in one of my memos, I have been reading the biography of ISI Liebler. Isi Was a Jewish Giant in the vein of David and Sampson.

He had many burning missions in life  that, in many ways, paralleled those of my own father:

a) He was an ardent Zionist

b) Isi devoted his entire life to helping Russian Jews leave Russia.

c) Isi's life goal was to perpetuate the survival of our people.

d) he became immensely wealthy, was extraordinarily charitable, a successful businessman, devoted to his family.  He was among the most prominent citizens in  Australia and Israel. 

Isi came to be a reader of my memos and I posted many of his own articles over the years. We never met but e mailed back on forth for many years.

 I am within 50 pages of finishing his biography.

My latest e mail to Isi last week was about his work with John Bolton and I told him Bolton spoke at the SIRC President's Day Dinner several years ago and nether of us knew we had had a relationship with ISI.

May his soul RIP.

Me


Baruch Dayan Emet

 

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Isi Leibler in the early hours of this morning.

 

The funeral will take place today, at 2 pm, at Bet Halevayot Hasephardi Hachadash at Har Hamenuchot.

 

Shiva at 8 Ahad Haam Street, Jerusalem until 10 pm (break 1 – 3 pm)



No comments: