Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I Fear!

Obama and his handlers  executed a brilliant strategy and were able to corral their constituents: unions members, women, Hispanics and Black voters and they were also able to convince unemployed youth they had nothing to fear..

Romney was damaged first by the nomination process and the consequent  attacks from his fellow combatants. Second  the Obamites were able to exploit Romney's exposure early on and finally, Romney was unable to teach the unwashed about economics and the consequences of deficit spending since we have been successful doing it for decades and because the unwashed are incapable of learning. They are economically deaf.

We are being bribed by  politicians with our own money.

Eventually all good things end.

What I fear:

I foresee higher taxes.

I, therefore, see a higher cost of living, and more erosion in our purchasing power as the dollar cheapens.

I foresee  more spending and larger deficits and inevitably  an increase in interest rates.

I believe we will continue to experience the consequences of a president who is an economic neophyte.

If the Republicans cave, as they generally do, then matters will worsen. According to Bob Woodward's book Obama is not a compromiser, has a proven track record of not being able to lead and/or be trustworthy.

We had the Churchill in Romney, in that he was the right person at the right time but the voters decided to stay with Chamberlain. Voters seem not to have learned from history .

Not the best environment for investing but holding cash and watching it decline in value is also a fact of life as I see it.

Am going to think hard about gold and silver type stocks.

I expect the issue of sequester will get resolved or deferred and that could bring about a temporary psychological boost but at what future cost?

Now that 'Obamascare' is going to be the law of the land I do not see how we avoid inflation and higher deficits.

What I hope for:

If leopards are capable of changing their spots I am willing to acknowledge that should it occur  but I am doubtful Obama can or will change..

As I wrote last night,  Obama walks on water but I fear America will  continue to sink?

Dick







No comments: