Monday, February 27, 2012

The son of a dear friend and fellow memo reader is a Marine serving in Afghanistan and this is an e mail from his mother. "A..... has been in Afghanistan less than one month, and has already been involved in mortar, small arms fire, IED attacks, and has rescued Georgian NATO soldiers and witnessed the aftermath of an IED attack on a Georgian vehicle that left dead and wounded, and visions of what Austin said, will haunt him for the rest of his life.

And he's on convoy security to the forward operating bases, which we thought would be relatively safe.

I told Austin I want him to be able to talk with me about anything. S.. thinks it's wrong, but as I said to him, I'm no dainty flower. I grew up military, and my mother was a petite, beautiful little thing with a spine of steel. The one true great thing I've done in my life is give birth to and raise Austin The least I, as his mother, can do is be there for our boy if he needs to let off steam.

Please continue to pray for him and all of his brothers and sisters in arms."

This young Marine is fighting the war our president said was the war that should be fought, then when asked to win it and provide more troops our president stopped short and only last week apologized for the actions of our military forces.

Once again it become starkly evident our appeasing anti-Neo-Colonialist president is on the wrong side both in spirit and morally.
---
Out of date yet still current: "http://www.youtube.com/embed/KV-RqPtT2PU
This is funny, regardless of your political affiliation. 

What's worse, its telling it like it is!!"
---

No comments: