Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Trump's SOTU Address Needs No Embellishment. It Speaks For Itself, As Did The Democrats Who Remain Seated. My Morose Thoughts. You Decide.


This is not the first time we have been a divided country.  Democracies tend to be that way because we are free to speak our minds and we do not all think the same and/or agree.

In the past, Depressions and war united our country in various ways.

I am not sure a recession would unite us now because the disparity between rich and poor has grown so wide the pain would not be distributed and/or felt as before.  As for war, unless it was a comprehensive threat to all, I am not sure even a war would unite us.  This is why I have lamented the self-imposed loss in Viet Nam which still haunts us. American's are not, by nature, losers and also this is why I was not enamored with Kissinger. Yes, he ended the killing but at what cost?  A higher one?

I believe, if wars become inevitable, all stops should be used to end them quickly. Time is not our ally because we are an impatient people made more so by social media technology and a general mass media that focuses on/highlights defeats, casualties and the negatives etc.

Since we remain a bar bell nation, what impacts coastal states may not be viewed in the same way as in the past.  After all, the coastal states seem to believe they can march to their own drum.  Washington, California, New York et. al no longer feel they are part of the union when it comes to illegal immigration and sanctuary entities. Consequently, "we deplorables" do not feel the same historical attachment to the Hollywood types because everything seems to have become politicized.
What once united us, and this extends to pro football and programs like "The Oscars," makes a large number of Americans angry and frustrated when they see attacks on our national emblems, slurs about Trump, disrespect for those who defend us and protect our liberty and safety, put out our fires etc. I am sick and tired of  hypocrisy and fake news and radicals taking over our college campuses.

We are no longer The America I grew up to know and I am not sure we ever will be that America. This is sad and maybe it is simply  the prattle of an old "fart" who believes the "good old days were good" when, in fact, we had diseases that killed, segregation that needed to end and now we have made more progress than one can count etc.

I got home in time tonight to watch Trump's SOTU address. I believe it speaks for itself and have no embellishing comments .  I will simply say that The Democrats sat on their hands and looked pitiful in doing so and I rest the case I made above.

Just some of my morose thinking and concerns. You decide.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dick
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments: