Wednesday, October 1, 2014

And So It Goes!

ACAC
Satire is very effective and particularly so when based on facts.


AA
;

Just a little work place violence.

This from an old friend, thinking Conservative  and memo reader (See 1 below.)
===
I have been right and I have been wrong and I have been early and I have been late.

However, it does seem the press and media dolts are finally beginning to distance themselves from their anointed because Obama has become an embarrassment and they recognize they have to protect what little credibility they have left.

Far too many in the press and media, and their bosses, perceive themselves as elitists and they truly believe they know more than those who buy and read their tripe and watch their slanted TV news programs. Far too many have contempt for this country and believe, like Obama, a powerful America is a force for evil. They learn this from radical professors who have taken over communication and journalism departments of colleges and universities because they believe it is their responsibility to make sure the world is constantly reminded America has warts.

The role of those who comprise the fourth estate is a critical one because they are responsible for holding  the feet of those who govern close to the investigative flame of truth. At the same time, it is also equally critical for  those who inhabit the fourth estate not abuse their privilege and protected position. It is imperative they shun bias and report honestly and objectively. I submit far too many in the fourth estate have failed their fellow man and the largest abusers are the owners of some of the nations largest and most powerful news organizations who, all too often, are in bed with far left radicals and extreme liberals. They have become'shrill shils' not responsible reporters.

Among the wine and cheese crowd it has become an act of fashionable sophistication to sneer and look down at FOX.  That said, FOX and its brilliant head of NEWS, Roger Ailes, must be doing something right because they have become dominant. Why is this so?  Probably because they report stories the' tired and tainted four' fail to take the time to cover and purposely  ignore. I also submit the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal,  is one of the best and most courageous and virtually all their op ed analysts are superb.
===
ISIS is now encircling Baghdad but we are not at war so Obama will continue to blame his intelligence appointees.

Meanwhile hundreds of millions is being raised and spent to insure Democrats remain in power so they can continue to strip tax payers and productive entrepreneurs of their 'ill gotten' gains and transfer this loot to those dependent upon government in order to buy their votes.  The tragedy is that Republicans  play the same corrupt game all the while protesting otherwise.

The frightened DNC is even funding third candidates with a Libertarian bent to split the vote in close elections where their own candidates are in trouble, ie. N.C comes to mind - thank you "Dirty Harry Reid." Will it work? Time will tell.

Several Founding Fathers warned political parties would be the destruction of our Republic. I tend to concur. I also suspect these same Founders would be aghast at our election and re-election of Obama and so it goes!
===
Dick.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1)Rattlesnake Logic

As long as we insist on maintaining the "moral high ground" we will NEVER win the war on terrorism. We're in a conflict in which we absolutely insist on playing by the rules against a maniacal group who have no rules.
Rattlesnake Logic

After the Boston bombing the news media has spent days and weeks trying to determine why these men did what they did. They want to know what America did to make these brothers so angry with us. They want to know why these men were not arrested before they did something so terrible. The media is in a tizzy about this new era of homegrown radicals, and about why they could live among us and still hate us.

A friend of mine from Texas explained it all to me: “Here in west Texas I have rattlesnakes on my place, living among us. I have killed a rattlesnake on the front porch. I have killed a rattlesnake on the back porch. I have killed rattlesnakes in the barn, in the shop and on the driveway. In fact, I kill every rattlesnake I encounter.

I kill rattlesnakes because I know a rattlesnake will bite me and inject me with poison. I don’t stop to wonder why a rattlesnake will bite me; I know it will bite me because it's a rattlesnake and that's what rattlesnakes do.

I don’t try to reason with a rattlesnake…I just kill it.

I don’t try to get to know the rattlesnake better so I can find a way to live with the rattlesnakes and convince them not to bite me. I just kill them.

I don’t quiz a rattlesnake to see if I can find out where the other snakes are, because (a) it won’t tell me, and (b) I already know they live on my place. So, I just kill the rattlesnake and move on to the next one.

I don’t look for ways I might be able to change the rattlesnake to a non-poisonous rat snake...I just kill it. Oh, and on occasion, I accidentally kill a rat snake because I thought it was a rattlesnake at the time.

Also, I know, for every rattlesnake I kill, two more are lurking out there in the brush. In my lifetime I will never be able to rid my place of rattlesnakes. Do I fear them? No!

Do I respect what they can do to me? Yes!

And because of that respect I give them the fair justice they deserve.... I kill them...”

Maybe as a country we should start giving more thought to the fact that these jihadists' are just like rattlesnakes, and act accordingly!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: