Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Obama- Read My Lips NumberTwo.

Obama told the crowd at AIPAC (my own son and daughter in law attended) of his unwavering support for Israel and urged the audience to heed his words. I would rather observe Obama's actions because his words have proven meaningless in view of the fact that he no longer belongs to a church he worshiped at and no longer supports a Preacher he worshiped and called him an Uncle he could never abandon. Obama also said he would bring the troops home right away and I would suggest none of them should pack their bags just yet. Furthermore, he said he would negotiate unconditionally with rogue nations and when members of his own support team writhed in pain he backed away from that inanity.

He also told us about Selma and a supposed uncle's concentration camp escapades only to reverse himself when he was found to have "mis-spoken."

So "Mister read my lips two" you are not convincing. But then, I am not a fawning liberal, a youth without brains or an African American. I am just an old white male fart with a value system that has served me well, who spent a little time in the military and stupidly believes America is a decent country inhabited by mostly fine people. We seek nothing but world peace and are willing to compete on fair terms. We are sentimentalists and not always well informed but I trust our collective instincts.

I have voted for both Democrats and Republicans as long as they were conservative in their approach towards solutions to intractable problems and I am very cynical when it comes to government being there to help me. I oppose welfare though I accept the fact that there are those in need who deserve a hand up but not a hand out. I always opposed segregation because I was born in a city crippled by it but I have strong reservations about affirmative action and believe the Supreme Court was correct regarding its de-segregation decision but chose the wrong path to accomplish this moral and enlightened goal.

I also believe most liberal policies have failed to meet their end points, have exceeded their costs and have actually been counter-productive and I cite welfare, public education, crime and our tax laws.

I have nothing against Obama except what he has demonstrated by his own behaviour and statements and therefore,I have concluded he has failed to measure up to the person I would like to see in the Oval Office, and to boot his wife scares me. So as Bugs Bunny says that it folks! (See 1 below.)

My son called after the AIPAC conference ended right before boarding their plane and had this to say. (See 2 below.)

Dick

1)"Today before the pro-Israel community at AIPAC, Senator Obama tried to run from his Iran policy. In September 2007, a bipartisan effort in the Senate passed the Kyl-Lieberman resolution designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization. At the time, Obama vehemently opposed this effort and used the opportunity as a political diversion to attack Hillary Clinton's campaign. Now that he has the Democratic nomination, Obama is attempting to rewrite his history and pretend his opposition to Kyl-Lieberman never happened. But in truth, when given the opportunity to demonstrate principled leadership and judgment, Obama instead worked against the bipartisan effort to increase the economic pressure on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard."

2) a)Olmert's speech - most in audience joked he was probably in DC looking for an apartment. Everyone agrees he is finished.

b) Obama's speech best of all and his pledge regarding Jerusalem as Israel's capital first ever by a potential president. Obama had liberals in audience conflicted between wanting to believe and wondering should they.

c) McCain tired speech.

d) Consensus regarding Hillary is why doesn't she display some grace and quit raining on Obama's parade.

Daniel attended a closed meeting with Israeli Deputy Chief of Staff and came away feeling something brewing and soon. Europe has several weeks to decide where they stand vis a vis Iran. Iran within weeks is thought to be on verge of ominous ability to raise its threat level to Israel. This confirms what I have been told by my own sources in Israel and it also confirms some of my memo postings.

Is it possible GW will strike at Iran's military because of their active involvement in killing our troops and depending upon how matters sort out after that use any Iranian response as a pretext for a more expanded attack on their nuclear facilities supported by Israel? I find it hard to believe this will happen, though I pray it does, because Congress would rise in indignant wrath.

It is purely speculation but over 8000 attendees do have an impact because of their active participation in politics and willingness to contribute to various campaigns. They may be told what they want to hear but they have memories as well and will be back next year.

No comments: